Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Friday, July 28, 2006

Tha has an accident

Eight days after his wedding, Tha came off his motorbike while trying to avoid a dog in the road. There were no broken bones, but he got a deep wound on his elbow requiring 10 stitches, a sprained ankle and lots of grazes and black bruises. He has had a week off work recovering, followed by a second week at home with his new wife, as there was no place for him to accompany me to a conference I went to in Siem Reap. Poor Tha... I think the monks got it wrong about how lucky his chosen wedding day would be. When he comes back to work, I will also have to tell him that VSO will definitely not be renewing his employment as my translator after the end of August, so he will have no job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home