Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Keeping in contact


I have a mobile phone, and it's really cheap to text from here. From the UK you can contact me on 00855 92967066. I haven't got many UK friends' mobile numbers with me, so if you want me to text you, let me know your number!

My e-mail address is alisonincambodia@yahoo.co.uk . I have to go to internet cafes (see photo) to receive and send my e-mails, where I'm also able to make cheap international calls via the internet. Haven't used my web-camera (lovely present from the PCT - thank you) in an internet cafe yet, but no doubt in time I will! Cambodia is 7 hours ahead of GMT. Internet cafes are closed between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. here, which means I can't phone home between 2 p.m. and 11 p.m. GMT time.

Post can be sent to the VSO office in Phnom Penh, and it will get to me up to a week later. The postal address is:
VSO Cambodia
PO Box 912
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

It's always great to receive news from home, so please keep in touch!