Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Friday, December 23, 2005

Sponsorship by the Wates Foundation

I have just heard that the Wates Foundation, a charitable trust based in Leatherhead and linked with the Wates Building company, will be sponsoring me while I am overseas, by contributing to VSO’s costs in sending me to Cambodia. The Wates Foundation has been supporting VSO for many years, and is sponsoring five volunteers in total. I will be writing to them from time to time to report on my work and on what I hope to achieve. They want to understand the lives and work of people in communities overseas and what their grant is helping to fund. I am very pleased to have been selected for this sponsorship, and grateful to the Wates Foundation for supporting VSO in this way.
P.S. This doesn’t mean that those who have kindly donated to my VSO Justgiving campaign can now get their money back!!!!