Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas in Cambodia


Having expected nothing from home, I have been overwhelmed with the number of cards and pressies that I have received. It’s been really nice to hear what everyone is up to and to know that I’m not forgotten! Rachel, Bram and I invited three other VSO volunteers to stay for the weekend, and we have been celebrating Christmas in Cambodia with lots of western food and drink to make us feel festive. It’s not possible to have turkey or Christmas pud here, but I have managed to make bruschetta and banoffee pie (thanks for the recipe, Penny!), and drink French wine and gin and tonic! We’ve got a CD of Christmassy songs, and even some decorations! The temperature has been much cooler this last month, so although there’s no chance of a white Christmas here, at least the weather’s been pleasant. Christmas isn’t a bank holiday in Cambodia, so it’s straight back to work after the weekend.