Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Village Workshops

One of my work roles is to add a bit of western glamour and clout at the many workshops and conferences which CoDeC organises. I’m usually seated at the top table with the local dignitaries and asked to give a closing speech, underlining how successful and important the workshop has been. It is quite ridiculous of course, but the audiences do seem to like to hear from me, particularly when I attempt to speak in Khmer! These photos were taken at an agriculture workshop held in the grounds of a pagoda, where the new law on agriculture communities was explained, and a committee for the local village was elected. In my speech I, of course, gave my hearty and unequivocal support to the proceedings and to the new committee!