Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Welcome Visitors!


I've just said goodbye to my first two sets of visitors. On March 13, I met my parents in Siem Reap and joined their tour group for a few days, including a visit to Ankor War, before we all decamped to my home in Kompong Thom. A week after they left, Ken came over for two weeks, and we toured around the country on buses. We managed to see rare water dolphins on the Mekong river, went on an elephant trek in remote hill tribe country, relaxed in a French colonial seaside resort, went clam digging. We visited ancient temples, pagodas, museums, palaces and lots of wonderful places, plus some very grim places, including the killing fields of the Pol Pot regime. It was lovely to see the folks from home, and to catch up on news. I really enjoyed being a tourist in Cambodia; it's going to be very hard to go back to work on Monday!