Alison's Adventures in Cambodia

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Golden Wedding Celebrations



My main reason for coming to England during September was to participate in the Golden Wedding Celebrations of my parents. My brothers and sister (Philip, James and Sally), their families and I hired two cottages in the Cotswolds for a four-day long party, culminating in a Golden Meal on Saturday night. We had a ball!

These photos show: the happy couple in the stocks at Stow; the family at the Golden Party; and 7 of my 8 nephews and nieces in height order, three of whom are already taller than me - it has been so nice for me not to tower over everybody else for a change! The "quintessentially English" villages and pretty countryside around our base in Stow-on-the-Wold will give me lovely memories of England to take back with me to Cambodia.